Well I really wasn't planning on going 2 months between posts but when you have no internet, it kinda makes updating the blog a bit tricky. Long story short: my modem died...I had very limited access to the internet...after much frustration and aggravation, I'm finally connected again. Hallelujah!! So, now that I'm up and running once more, I am ready to start sharing some of my pics from my first project.
We started by measuring out and cutting sets of wire of 3 different lengths.
After filing, bending, soldering, pickling, and cleaning up, I was ready to shape them on the mandrel.
Using the hammers and mandrels to shape and add some texture.
I decided to give each circle a different texture.
I wanted to do something a little different than the demo our teacher gave us.
Instead of having the rings one inside the other, floating freely, I soldered mine together in a stack.
My teacher showed me how to make a paddle earwire which I liked better than hanging from a standard earwire.
It was pretty easy to solder on and added an extra design element, in addition to some balance, to my earrings.
I loved making these earrings and will definitely be making more of them when I finally get my hands on some tools. There are so many variations and things you can create with just some simple circles.
I can't wait to see where my imagination and creativity takes me!